Wednesday, October 22, 2014

{conversion} 8/17/14

"Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God"
D&C 18:10



Almost nine months on my mission and I haven't brought anyone to the waters of baptism. What am I doing wrong? I thought. I told my mom about my sadness and concern I felt. She told me, "it's not about if you get a baptism, look at all the success around you." I talked to president. He told me my mother was very wise. I agreed. 




We walked into the church. "Hey this is my friend. She wants to learn about the gospel." The member said. We had a lesson. She accepted a baptismal date. We continued to teach her. She was ready. She came prepared. Three and a half weeks later she entered into the waters of baptism. I was overcome with the spirit. I thanked my Heavenly Father. My mom was right. Its not about me. This woman didn't need me. She came to us prepared. We were the tools in our fathers hands. This Woman is now a strong member of the church. She is a ward missionary. Her son just received baptism. Her daughter will soon. This family will now and forever be together in our Heavenly Fathers presence. 




No comments:

Post a Comment