Usually on a mission you get the chance to serve in many areas. Luckily I am a Chinese speaking missionary. We only have two areas we can get called to. One of which being Flushing. I remember the first day I arrived. A chill winter morning. I had never been to New York and this wasn't exactly what I thought it was going to be like. It was so crowded. It was like I was in China. There are so many little shops all down the streets. So much food. Food I've never seen and definitely never ate before.
I was able to live there for eight months. Everything became so familiar to me. The people. The stores. The food. Well sometimes the food. And especially the church. Every branch or ward you go to is different because the people are different. But every branch or ward you go to has things in common. Every body is happy. Loving. Everybody is a big family.
Being able to serve in flushing for eight months really got me connected to the ward. I was able to get to know them as my brothers and sisters. I was able to make friendships. And I was able to grow.
When I found out I was leaving I cried. The following day was a fast and testimony meeting and I was able to share my testimony. I cried. Again. I shared my feelings that I know with my whole heart this church is the true church on this earth. I expressed my love for my brothers and sisters.
I will never forget them. The parties. English class. Flushing adventure. Basement floods. The people. The smell. The feeling. The love. The members. The cockroaches. The street sweeps. The met. Target. Sanford. The planes. And the 7. I will never be far away.



No comments:
Post a Comment