Service. The action of helping or doing work for someone. Embark. To begin a important course. Social media. Websites and applications that enables users to create and share content or participate in. What are we participating in when we get online? We are participating in one of gods greatest tools to us. We not only have the opportunity to share or "like" others posts. But we can create our own.
When we serve others we are only serving our God.
"Hey guys so we are going to use three hours Monday to help a member in another ward move." The elder said.
"No," I thought as I knew that this was preparation day and I wanted to relax. I was so upset. Over something so little. Monday came around and we showed up at the house. There were things not packed and the woman was stressed. We started working as fast as we could. As we kept going I felt the anger leave me. I started smiling. I started laughing. We started talking to eachother. We got her house completely empty. She was overwhelmed as she looked at us and said, "thank you, I couldn't have done this without you."
Sometimes we don't always want to do what we are told or asked to do. But from this experience, I have a much stronger testimony on service. I know that as we put the lord first and help others we become happier in the process.
So let's take this challenge that we have been given and embark in the service of God using the tools that we have been given.

No comments:
Post a Comment